This decadent, seriously chocolate cake will bring a smile to everyones face.
The ingredient of Triple-chocolate swirl cake
- 375g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- 140g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- Maltesers, dark, white and milk chocolate melts, brown M&Ms and choc-pearl sprinkles, to decorate (see notes)
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 3 x 180g blocks white chocolate, chopped
- White icing colouring (optional)
The instruction how to make Triple-chocolate swirl cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease two 7cm-deep, 20cm-round cake pans. Line base and sides with two layers of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Add flour. Beat on low speed, gradually adding 1 cup milk, until just combined. Divide mixture between 4 bowls.
- Place dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring with a metal spoon halfway during cooking. Repeat with milk and white chocolate, in separate bowls.
- Add dark chocolate, cocoa and 2 tablespoons remaining milk to 1 portion of batter. Mix well to combine. Add milk chocolate to 1 portion, mixing well. Add white chocolate and golden syrup to another portion, stirring well. Add remaining milk to remaining batter and stir.
- Using half of each coloured mixture, drop tablespoons of the mixtures, alternating colours, into 1 prepared cake pan. Repeat with remaining mixtures and cake pan. Run a butter knife back and forth through mixtures to create a slight marbled effect (dont over-marble). Bake cakes together for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each cake comes out clean (cover cakes loosely with foil if over-browning). Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Whipped chocolate ganache: Place cream and chocolate in heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Refrigerate until cold and almost firm. Using electric mixer, beat ganache for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add enough white colouring, if using, to make ganache white. 7 Using a serrated knife, level tops of cakes if necessary. Place one cake on serving plate. Spread 3/4 cup of ganache over top of cake. Top with second cake. Spread remaining ganache over top and side of cake. Using picture as a guide, arrange Maltesers around base of cake. Decorate top of cake with melts, M&Ms and sprinkles. Serve.
Nutritions of Triple-chocolate swirl cakecalories: