Crunchy chocolate biscuits and an afternoon curled up on the sofa with a good book is the perfect idea for rainy days.
The ingredient of Chocolate buttons
- 185g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Lighthouse Cake, Biscuit and Pastry plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 20 dark chocolate melts
The instruction how to make Chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Sift flour and cocoa over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine
- Roll dough out between baking paper until 4mm thick. Using a 6.5cm scalloped-edge cookie cutter, cut rounds from dough. Place rounds on trays. Re-roll remaining dough and repeat. Press melts into the centre of each round.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate buttonscalories: 98.468 calories
calories: 5.2 grams fat
calories: 3.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 11.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.2 grams protein
calories: 17 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 38 milligrams sodium