This ice cream slab is a breeze to whip up and you can make this chocolate, peanut version ahead of time so its perfect for entertaining. Plus, caramel sauce is always a winner!
The ingredient of Chocolate peanut ice-cream slab with caramel sauce
- 250g packet choc ripple biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 4 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 litres chocolate ice-cream
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate peanut ice-cream slab with caramel sauce
- Grease a 7cm-deep, 30cm x 37cm metal roasting pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges.
- Using a food processor, process biscuits until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture. Press remaining mixture evenly over the base of prepared pan. Freeze.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 the vanilla ice-cream in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften (ice-cream should not be melted). Add u00bd the peanut butter. Mix well to combine. Spoon mixture over prepared base in pan. Level top with a spatula. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place chocolate ice-cream in large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften (ice-cream should not be melted). Spoon mixture over peanut butter layer. Level top with a spatula. Freeze.
- Repeat process with remaining vanilla ice-cream and peanut butter. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight, if time permits, or until firm. Cover and refrigerate reserved biscuit mixture until required.
- To make Caramel Sauce, place butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using baking paper, lift ice-cream from pan and place on a board. Using a hot knife, cut slab into bars. Serve ice-cream sprinkled with reserved biscuit mixture and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Nutritions of Chocolate peanut ice-cream slab with caramel saucecalories: 393.394 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 13.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 38.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.8 grams protein
calories: 40 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 147 milligrams sodium