Black forest cake, cheesecake and trifle combine to make this decadent summer dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate cherry cheesecake trifle
- 2 x 85g packets 25% reduced sugar blackcurrant jelly crystals
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 300ml thickened cream, plus extra 600ml thickened cream to serve
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 180g block dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 415g can stoneless black cherries, drained, halved
- 480g double chocolate butter cake
- 1/3 cup brandy
- Maraschino cherries, to decorate
- Dark chocolate shards (see note), to decorate
- NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa, to decorate
The instruction how to make Chocolate cherry cheesecake trifle
- Make jelly following packet directions. Pour into the base of a 14cm-deep, 20cm (16-cup-capacity) trifle bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, cream and icing sugar until mixture is light and fluffy, and well combined. With the motor running, add chocolate. Pat cherries dry on paper towel. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Cut cake into 4cm pieces. Arrange cake pieces on jelly. Drizzle with brandy. Dollop with cream cheese mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Using an electric mixer, beat extra cream until just-firm peaks form. Dollop cream over trifle. Decorate with maraschino cherries and chocolate shards. Dust with cocoa. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate cherry cheesecake triflecalories: 515.762 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 21.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.7 grams protein
calories: 78 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 244 milligrams sodium