Indulge in spoonfuls of our exotic chocolate flan topped with slivers of the ultimate summer fruit - fragrant, juicy mango.
The ingredient of Mexican chocolate flan
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds separated
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 1 x 100g pkt Lindt Excellence Chilli dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Calypso mangoes, peeled, cheeks removed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Mexican chocolate flan
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Line the base of a large baking dish with a tea towel, folded to fit. Place a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan in the dish.
- Place the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the vanilla seeds. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, occasionally brushing down the side of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in water, for 7 minutes or until golden. Pour into the cake pan and swirl to coat the base. Set aside for 5 minutes or until set.
- While the toffee is setting, place the vanilla bean, milk and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, whisking, for 4 minutes or until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Whisk together the eggs, condensed milk and cinnamon in a large bowl. Gradually add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Strain the chocolate mixture through a fine sieve into the cake pan. Discard the vanilla bean. Pour enough boiling water into the dish to reach halfway up the side of the cake pan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until just set.
- Carefully remove the cake pan from the baking dish. Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to chill.
- Run a flat-bladed knife around the edge of the pan. Carefully turn the flan onto a serving plate. Arrange the mango on top to serve.
Nutritions of Mexican chocolate flancalories: 468.44 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 72 grams carbohydrates
calories: 70 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 187 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 134.29 milligrams sodium