This triple peanut treat is sure to please the crowd.
The ingredient of Peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 255g (1 1/4 cups) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) dark cocoa powder
- 90g (1/3 cup) peanut butter, smooth
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Bonne Maman Caramel Spread, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons water, hot
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 260g (1 cup) peanut butter, smooth
- 500g icing sugar mixture
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 55g (1/3 cup) peanuts, salted, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
The instruction how to make Peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Line an eighteen-hole 125ml (1/2 cup) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine chocolate and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter and brown sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flours, cocoa and chocolate mixture, in batches, stirring until just combined. Divide mixture among the prepared pans.
- Combine peanut butter, caramel spread and hot water in a small bowl. Dollop peanut butter mixture over cupcakes. Use a small skewer to gently swirl and marble the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cupcakes in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the frosting, use electric beaters to beat butter and peanut butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar and cream, in alternating batches, beating well between each batch.
- For the peanut brittle, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar melts and caramelises. Remove from heat. Add the peanut and stir to combine. Pour over prepared tray. Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Process in a food processor until chopped.
- For the ganache, combine chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring with a metal spoon, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Use a piping bag with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle to pipe icing over cupcakes. Drizzle extra caramel and warm ganache over cupcakes. Top with peanut brittle.
Nutritions of Peanut butter and chocolate cupcakescalories: