Turn your morning tea treat into the perfect after-dinner sweet using leftover hot cross buns.
The ingredient of Hot cross bun chocolate bread and butter pudding
- 6 hot cross buns, split in half
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 90g (1/4 cup) raspberry jam
- 12 squares (about 120g) CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 70g CADBURY Mini Eggs
The instruction how to make Hot cross bun chocolate bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 2.5L (10 cup) ovenproof dish with melted butter.
- Spread the cut sides of each bun with butter. Spread the base halves with jam and top with a few pieces of chocolate. Place the buttered halves back on top, slightly off-centre so a little of the bun on the base is exposed. Place in prepared pan, slightly overlapping.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs and vanilla in a jug. Pour over the buns and set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Sprinkle with the raspberries and mini eggs. Bake for 45 minutes or until the pudding is set.
Nutritions of Hot cross bun chocolate bread and butter puddingcalories: