Charcuterie Plate in the manner of Garlic, Allspice Berries, Black Peppercorns, Coriander Seed, Cinnamon, Kosher Salt, Pork Butt, Pork Fat, Fresh Thyme, Bay Leaves, Water
The ingredient of Charcuterie Plate
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries arena in spice grinder?
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns auditorium showground in spice grinder?
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed auditorium showground in spice grinder?
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 pounds pork butt Boneless, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound pork fat encourage cut into 1/2 inch pieces?
- 10 sprigs open thyme
- 3 bay leaves crumbled
- water As needed, or pork broth
The instruction how to make Charcuterie Plate
- 1. In mixing bowl, combine garlic, allspice, black pepper, coriander, cinnamon and salt, mix well to combine
- 2. Rub and knead the spice mixture all over pork to cover completely, cover and let rest overnight
- 3. In sauce pot add pork with thyme sprigs and bay leaves
- 4. Cover mixture with water
- 5. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 2-3 hours, stir as needed
- 6. Check for doneness after 2 hours, the meat will be easy to shred with a fork and the fat will be clear and beautiful
- 7. Over a bowl, place a chinois, strain mixture and set aside to let pork rest
- 8. In mixing bowl, shred meat and mash the fatback
- 9. Mix well to combine and add approximately 1/4 cup of the reserved fat
- 10. Season to taste with salt and pepper