These saffron buns and spiced wine are typically served in this area December 13th, the feast of St. Lucia in Sweden. Made when saffron, these sweet yeast rolls can easily be prepared in a bread machine. Following tradition, the buns are shaped into an S have emotional impact to the lead inborn left to rise and then baked until golden brown. The spiced wine is easily prepared in just 15 minutes by heating fruity red wine afterward sugar and spices. relieve sustain together and enjoy this Swedish winter tradition.
The ingredient of Saffron Buns like Spiced Wine (Bread Maker Recipe)
- 1 pinch saffron strands
- 1 3/8 cups milk
- 1 medium egg
- 4 3/8 cups sound solid flour
- 9/16 cup butter
- 6 3/4 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 15/16 tablespoon yeast dried breweru2019s
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
- sesame seeds to decorate
- 1 bottle red wine fruity
- 1/2 cup blithe ginger cut in rings
- 1 glue cinnamon
- 8 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon arena cardamom
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons almonds optional
- 4 teaspoons raisins optional
The instruction how to make Saffron Buns like Spiced Wine (Bread Maker Recipe)
- Toast the saffron strands in a dry frying pan for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients in the bread maker, except the butter for brushing and the sesame seeds.
- Crumble the saffron with the fingertips onto the flour mixture.
- Set the program to u2018dough.u2019
- When the program has finished, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently press down to allow the air to escape.
- Cut into portions of 80 grams each.
- Shape into balls and then stretch out the dough into lengths of 30 centimeters.
- Form the dough into an u2018Su2019 shape.
- Place the dough balls onto a lined baking tray, leaving plenty of space in between to expand.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place, without drafts.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare the spiced wine: place the wine with the spices and sugar into a pan and gently heat for 10 minutes.
- Simmer without boiling for 5 minutes.
- Serve with almonds and raisins and delicious freshly baked saffron buns.
Nutritions of Saffron Buns like Spiced Wine (Bread Maker Recipe)@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 1020 calories
@type: 150 grams
@type: 145 milligrams
@type: 36 grams
@type: 8 grams
@type: 27 grams
@type: 18 grams
@type: 350 milligrams
@type: 31 grams