Reinvent leftover holiday turkey and green beans afterward this beautiful and delicious casserole the combine associates will love. Frozen shout from the rooftops pastry granted in a patchwork design makes it other special but requires zero pastry skills. If all the turkey is gone, rotisserie chicken meat also works well. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Ashley Strickland Freeman](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Ashley-Strickland-Freeman).
The ingredient of Patchwork broadcast Pastry Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 package frozen present pastry sheets thawed; 1 package is 17.3 ounces
- flour for the board
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms infected mushrooms; or use button or baby bella
- 1/4 cup minced shallot nearly 1 large
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt help more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper help more to taste
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons roomy parsley chopped, gain more for serving
- 1 tablespoon spacious rosemary chopped, lead pro more for serving
- 1 tablespoon blithe thyme leaves chopped, lead pro more for serving
- 4 cups cooked turkey diced
- 2 cups green beans cooked, cut into bite-size pieces; or use supplementary further cooked vegetables such as carrots and peas
- cooking oil spray or regular oil
- 1 egg yolk large
- 2 teaspoons water
The instruction how to make Patchwork broadcast Pastry Turkey Pot Pie
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. With a sharp knife, cut along the 2 line folds to create 3 strips. Cut each strip into 4 equal squares. Repeat the process with remaining puff pastry sheet. Place squares on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with high sides over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Add sherry and simmer 2 minutes to cook off alcohol.
- While mushrooms cook, in a bowl, whisk together chicken broth, milk, and flour. Pour broth mixture into the mushrooms, add herbs, and stir to blend. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and green beans and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Coat a 2 u00bd- to 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon filling into dish and let cool while the oven preheats. (Cooling the filling will help the puff pastry rise more.)
- Preheat oven to 400u00b0. Starting at the outside edge, arrange puff pastry squares over the cooled filling, overlapping the squares somewhat in a shingle pattern and making concentric circles. If you have any squares leftover, leave them on the baking sheet; they can be baked to serve with the pot pie.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and 2 teaspoons water. Carefully brush egg wash on puff pastry squares, including any leftover squares.
- Bake pot pie until the pastry is puffed and deep golden and the filling is bubbling, 35-45 minutes. At the same time, bake any remaining puff pastry squares until browned and puffed, 15-20 minutes. If the top of the pot pie begins to brown too much before the pot pie is hot to the center (about 190u00b0 on an instant-read thermometer), shield it with aluminum foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Scatter additional herbs over the pot pie if you like, and serve with extra puff pastry squares.
Nutritions of Patchwork broadcast Pastry Turkey Pot Pie@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 360 calories
@type: 15 grams
@type: 160 milligrams
@type: 18 grams
@type: 2 grams
@type: 36 grams
@type: 10 grams
@type: 430 milligrams
@type: 3 grams