Sweet custard and a crumbly coconut topping are delicious with juicy papaya.
The ingredient of Papaya crumble with star anise custard
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 3 whole star anise
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds removed
- 4 egg yolks
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 large papaya, halved lengthways, deseeded, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 Coconut Macaroons, coarsely crumbled
The instruction how to make Papaya crumble with star anise custard
- Place the milk, star anise, vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to the boil.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture.
- Return the milk mixture to the saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine sieve into a heat-proof serving jug. Discard the vanilla bean and star anise.
- Divide the papaya among serving dishes. Top with the custard and macaroon. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Papaya crumble with star anise custardcalories: 222.509 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 129 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 49.25 milligrams sodium