Spoonfuls of creamy rice and caramelised pear make a soothing after-dinner treat.
The ingredient of Coconut rice with pears and coconut-caramel sauce
- 60g butter
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 William Bartlett pears, peeled, quartered, cored, halved lengthways
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light coconut milk
- Ground cinnamon, to dust
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 400ml reduced-fat milk
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 110g (1/2 cup) white long-grain rice
The instruction how to make Coconut rice with pears and coconut-caramel sauce
- To make the coconut rice, place the coconut milk, milk and caster sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Stir in the rice and cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy. Set aside, covered, for 30 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the coconut rice to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar. Add the pear and cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until the sauce is golden and the pear is tender and light golden. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in the coconut milk.
- Divide the coconut rice among serving bowls. Top with the pear and drizzle over the sauce. Dust with cinnamon to serve.
Nutritions of Coconut rice with pears and coconut-caramel saucecalories: 603.714 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 74 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 40 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 164.42 milligrams sodium