The ingredient of Grapes in champagne and apple jelly
- 500ml (2 cups) bought clear fresh apple juice
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered gelatine
- 500ml (2 cups) Champagne or sparkling white wine (like Omni NV or Seaview)
- 400g grapes (seedless black or white grapes), washed, drained
The instruction how to make Grapes in champagne and apple jelly
- Rinse a 1.5-litre (6-cup), 7cm-deep, 8 x 22cm loaf pan with water and drain away the excess. Place the pan on a tray.
- Place 250ml (1 cup) of apple juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Sprinkle in gelatine. Use a fork to whisk until gelatine dissolves.
- Add the remaining apple juice and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a 1-litre (4-cup) measuring jug. Pour the Champagne slowly down the side of the jug (this will minimise frothing and air bubbles in the finished jelly).
- Place 150g of grapes evenly over base of wetted pan. Slowly pour a quarter of juice mixture over grapes. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight until set. (Do not place jug with juice mixture in fridge during this process or mixture will set.) Slowly pour a third of remaining mixture into pan. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or until set. Place remaining grapes over top. Slowly pour half remaining mixture on top. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or until set. Slowly pour remaining mixture on top. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours or overnight to set completely.
- Rinse a serving plate with cold water and drain excess. Run tip of a round-bladed knife or spatula around inside edge of pan. Briefly dip entire pan in warm-to-hot water for 4 seconds. Wipe with a tea towel. Place serving plate on top. Turn mould and plate over, holding firmly, and give a sharp shake until you hear the jelly release and drop onto plate. Remove mould.
- Use a serrated knife to cut jelly into slices, cutting gently and cleanly through the grapes. Place slices on serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Grapes in champagne and apple jellycalories: 186.181 calories
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 43.02 milligrams sodium