The ingredient of Red-wine poached cherries
- 2 cups (500ml) dry red wine
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 450g fresh cherries (with stems)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
The instruction how to make Red-wine poached cherries
- Place wine and sugar in a pan and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes to dissolve sugar. Add vanilla pod and seeds and cinnamon, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half. Add the cherries and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine, arrowroot with 1 tablesppon cold water and a little of the poaching liquid. Add the mixture to the poaching liquid, simmer for a further minute or until thickened, then cool.
Nutritions of Red-wine poached cherriescalories: 190.483 calories
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams sugar
calories: 1 grams protein
calories: 10.09 milligrams sodium