Master the art of these delicate caramel delights and whip up heavenly, chocolate desserts like a pro - its surprisingly simple.
The ingredient of Chocolate caramels
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) chocolate flavoured soy milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate caramels
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Rinse 6 x 1/2 cup (125ml) ramekins or ovenproof dishes with hot water. Place ramekins on a folded tea towel in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Stir caster sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Boil, without stirring, until light golden. Remove from the heat and allow the bubbles to subside. Pour evenly into each ramekin.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and whisk into the egg mixture with cocoa, whole eggs and milk.
- Strain mixture into a jug, then pour into ramekins. Pour warm water into the pan, reaching halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake 25-30 minutes or until just set. Remove dishes from the water, let cool, then refrigerate overnight. Invert onto serving plates to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate caramelscalories: