Try this delicious frozen twist on a popular choccie dessert.
The ingredient of Frozen chocolate mousse
- 60g good-quality dark cooking chocolate (see note), broken into pieces
- 60g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 2 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Frozen chocolate mousse
- Lightly grease two 3/4-cup capacity ramekins or moulds. Line base and sides with a piece of plastic wrap. Allow plenty of overhang.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add liqueur and egg yolks to chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites and salt in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat well. Stir a third of eggwhite into chocolate mixture. Gently fold remaining eggwhite into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared ramekins. Fold over excess plastic wrap to cover. Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight, if time permits, until firm.
- Using the plastic wrap, gently ease mousse from ramekins. Turn out onto chilled serving plates. Dust with cocoa and serve.
Nutritions of Frozen chocolate moussecalories: 511.699 calories
calories: 40 grams fat
calories: 24 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 294 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 160.48 milligrams sodium