This dark chocolate mousse has a rich and creamy taste thanks to the addition of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of liqueur.
The ingredient of Chocolate mousse with olive oil
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Whipped cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate mousse with olive oil
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan over simmering water (making sure bowl doesnt touch water). When the chocolate has melted, slowly stir in the olive oil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks and half the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and thick, then add the chocolate mixture and Frangelico (if using) and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggwhites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form, slowly adding remaining sugar. Using a large metal spoon or spatula, gently fold eggwhites into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into individual bowls or cups and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve topped with hazelnuts and cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate mousse with olive oilcalories: 705.767 calories
calories: 48 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 217 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 100.44 milligrams sodium