Create show-stopping dessert that will make a lasting impression.
The ingredient of Chocolate and almond souffles with cocoa-nib cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs (see note)
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 30g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 340g good-quality dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 5 eggs, separated, plus 1 extra eggwhite
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond (see note) or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra to dust
The instruction how to make Chocolate and almond souffles with cocoa-nib cream
- Place cocoa nibs and cream in a pan and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat and leave to infuse for 1 hour. Strain, discarding solids, then chill cream.
- Grease eight 150ml ramekins, then dust with nuts, shaking out excess. Set aside.
- Place butter, chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (dont let bowl touch the water). Stir until melted and smooth, then cool for 5 minutes. Add yolks, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in extract.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Beat eggwhites in a large bowl with electric beaters to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff and glossy. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into ramekins and bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and cracked.
- Meanwhile, whip the infused cream and icing sugar to soft peaks.
- To serve, open centre of souffles with a spoon. Fill with the cream and dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chocolate and almond souffles with cocoa-nib creamcalories: