Caramel tarts are a classic crowd-pleaser - these ones feature a fluffy meringue topping.
The ingredient of Caramel meringue tart
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggwhites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Caramel meringue tart
- Place flour and sugar into a bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and enough water to mix to a soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Roll pastry out to line a 23cm base measurement pie plate. Line base and sides of plate with pastry. Pierce 6 times with a fork. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden. Cool.
- To make filling: Combine sugar and flour in a saucepan. Add a little milk, stirring to form a smooth paste. Add remaining milk, yolks and butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until filling comes to the boil. Cool completely. Spoon into crust.
- To make topping: Beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a spoonful at a time, beating until dissolved. Spread over caramel filling and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Caramel meringue tartcalories: 460.075 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 102 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 112.63 milligrams sodium