French toast topped with caramelised banana and pecans for breakfast or brunch - is there a more decadent way to start your day?
The ingredient of Caramelised banana French toast bake
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 300ml pure cream
- 6 small bananas
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 300ml pure cream, whipped, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Caramelised banana French toast bake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 20cm x 28cm (base) 25cm x 32cm (top) roasting pan.
- Layer bread in prepared pan, trimming to fit if necessary. Place eggs, caster sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, milk, 2/3 cup cream and 2 bananas in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour banana mixture over bread in pan. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and set.
- Meanwhile, slice remaining bananas lengthways. Melt butter and brown sugar in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Add remaining cream. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Add banana and pecans. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and banana is tender.
- Spoon banana mixture over French toast bake. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutritions of Caramelised banana French toast bakecalories: 976.793 calories
calories: 61.6 grams fat
calories: 34.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 85.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20.3 grams protein
calories: 371 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 447 milligrams sodium