These frozen nougat balls are designed to impress.
The ingredient of Frozen chocolate and nougat tartufo
- 1 1/2 cups (105g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup chopped soft Italian nougat (torrone) (see note)
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
The instruction how to make Frozen chocolate and nougat tartufo
- Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly oil six 150ml dariole moulds and line with plastic wrap. Spread 1 cup (70g) coconut on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes, stirring once, until toasted and golden (watch carefully as it can burn easily). Combine toasted and untoasted coconut in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the pure cream in a saucepan over medium heat until just below boiling point. Add the chocolate, then remove from heat. Stand until chocolate has melted, then stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk yolks and sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale. Use a spoon to fold in the chocolate mixture, nougat and 3 tablespoons coconut, then fold in whipped cream. Pack well into moulds, then cover with any overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Store remaining coconut in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, roll tartufos in the reserved coconut. Serve immediately, in paper cases if desired.
Nutritions of Frozen chocolate and nougat tartufocalories: