This Spanish style crÃ¨me brulee dessert has a splash of orange liqueur to become a gourmet sensation.
The ingredient of Cinnamon and orange crema Catalana
- 900ml thickened cream
- 1 x 300ml ctn double cream
- 6 strips orange rind
- 4 x 7cm cinnamon sticks, broken (see note)
- 12 egg yolks
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 6 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, extra
- Ice cubes
- Almond bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Cinnamon and orange crema Catalana
- Place the combined cream, orange rind and cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to the boil. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl. Use a balloon whisk to whisk for 1 minute or until slightly pale. Gradually add the cream mixture, whisking until combined.
- Return to the saucepan. Place over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling, for 15-20 minutes or until the custard thickens.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity heatproof serving dish. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to chill.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange and liqueur in a bowl.
- Preheat grill on high. Sprinkle the extra sugar over the custard. Place the dish in a deep roasting pan filled with ice. Cook under grill for 5 minutes or until the sugar bubbles and caramelises. Serve with the orange mixture and almond bread.
Nutritions of Cinnamon and orange crema Catalanacalories: 813.078 calories
calories: 65 grams fat
calories: 40 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 339 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 68.64 milligrams sodium