*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Gluten-free christmas pudding
- 250g dates, chopped
- 250g currants
- 120g sultanas
- 120g raisins, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cointreau, Grand Marnier or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 250g soft butter
- 500g dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups stale gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 1/2 lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
The instruction how to make Gluten-free christmas pudding
- Combine fruit and liqueur in large bowl. Add combined soda and water, mix well. Cover, stand overnight at room temperature.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until just combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating only until combined between additions.
- Stir butter mixture into fruit mixture with grated rind and orange juice.
- Stir in sifted flour and ginger, then breadcrumbs. Grease a 9 cup capacity pudding steamer. Spoon pudding mixture into prepared steamer. Top with pleated baking paper and foil, secure with string or lid. Place pudding steamer in a large saucepan with enough boiling water to come halfway up side of steamer.
- Cover saucepan with tight-fitting lid. Boil for 6 hours. Replenish with boiling water as required.
- Stand pudding 15 minutes before turning onto a plate, wrap in tea towel to cool.
Nutritions of Gluten-free christmas puddingcalories: