The ingredient of Lemon delicious ice-cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 eggwhites
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar, extra
The instruction how to make Lemon delicious ice-cream
- Combine the milk, cream and lemon rind in a medium saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, use a balloon whisk to whisk the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice together until pale and creamy. While continually whisking, add the cream mixture in a thin, steady stream until incorporated. Return to the pan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 6-8 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature and develop the flavours.
- Strain custard mixture into a shallow metal container. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until just firm.
- Place the eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl and use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form. Add the extra caster sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Use a metal spoon to break up ice-cream, place a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add to the meringue mixture and gently fold until almost combined. Return to the metal container and cover with foil. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Scoop into bowls to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon delicious ice-creamcalories: 493.535 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 35 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 211 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 78.59 milligrams sodium