This simple cherry trifle has the flavours and colours of Christmas.
The ingredient of Choc-cherry trifles
- 85g packet Aeroplane Port Wine Delight jelly crystals
- 85g packet Aeroplane Strawberry Surprise jelly crystals
- 8 lamington fingers, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 415g can stoneless black cherries in syrup, drained
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- dark chocolate curls (see note), to serve
The instruction how to make Choc-cherry trifles
- Place port wine jelly crystals in a heatproof jug. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir to dissolve crystals. Stir in 200ml cold water. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes or until just beginning to set (it should have a thick, syrupy consistency). Repeat with strawberry jelly crystals.
- Arrange lamington pieces in six 1 1/2 cup capacity glasses. Drizzle with liqueur. Spoon port wine jelly on top. Top with cherries.
- Place cream and icing sugar in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Top trifles with half the cream mixture. Top with strawberry jelly. Top with remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with chocolate. Serve.
Nutritions of Choc-cherry triflescalories: 557.826 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 45 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 98 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 217.41 milligrams sodium