With its deep, robust flavour and unmistakable aroma, coffee creates an altogether different high when it stars in decadent desserts.
The ingredient of Caffe latte creme caramels
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
The instruction how to make Caffe latte creme caramels
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Place the sugar in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is golden brown. Remove from heat and pour evenly among six 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof ramekins. Place the ramekins in a large baking dish and pour enough boiling water into the dish to come halfway up the sides.
- Combine the water and coffee in a medium saucepan. Add the milk and cream and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Whisk the eggs and maple syrup together in a heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Strain the mixture into a large jug and then pour carefully over the caramel in the ramekins.
- Cook on the lowest shelf in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the custard is firm to a light touch. Transfer ramekins to a baking tray and set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Place in the fridge overnight to set.
- To serve, run a flat-bladed knife around the edge of the ramekins and carefully turn onto serving plates.
Nutritions of Caffe latte creme caramelscalories: