Get ahead for Christmas by making these cute little puddings now and popping them in the freezer.
The ingredient of Rum & raisin puddings
- 500g raisins, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) rum
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bought vanilla custard, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Rum & raisin puddings
- Combine the raisin and rum in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity pudding moulds with melted butter to grease. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Stir in the breadcrumbs, combined flour and cinnamon until almost combined. Add the raisin mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into the prepared moulds and smooth the surfaces.
- Cut eight 15cm-square pieces of non-stick baking paper and eight 15cm-square pieces of foil. Place the paper on top of the foil and fold in the centre to make a small pleat. Place the foil and paper over each mould, foil-side up. Tie a piece of kitchen string around each mould to secure.
- Place the pudding moulds in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to reach two-thirds of the way up the sides of the moulds. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto serving plates. Drizzle over custard to serve.
Nutritions of Rum & raisin puddingscalories: 608.016 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 91 grams carbohydrates
calories: 66 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 124 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 355.38 milligrams sodium