Dip your spoon into these surprise soft pillows of sweetness oozing with chocolate and banana. Yum!
The ingredient of Banana and chocolate dumplings with maple caramel sauce
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 35g butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 banana, sliced into 12 rounds
- 40g dark chocolate, cut into 12 cubes
- Thickened cream, to serve
- 20g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Banana and chocolate dumplings with maple caramel sauce
- Place flour in a large bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Whisk golden syrup and milk together. Add to flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix to form a soft dough. Divide dough into 12 batches (1 level tablespoon each). With floured hands, press dough into a 5cm round. Place a piece of banana and chocolate in centre and pinch edges of dough together to enclose filling. Roll to form a ball (make sure chocolate and banana are not poking out).
- To make syrup, place butter, sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice and 1 cup cold water in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Carefully add dumplings to syrup (they will only be partly submerged). Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until puffed and cooked through. Serve with syrup and cream.
Nutritions of Banana and chocolate dumplings with maple caramel saucecalories: