Entertaining this weekend? Elegant and decadent, these rich chocolate muffins make an ideal dinner party dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate and pear muffins with chocolate syrup
- Melted butter, to grease
- 10 small corella pears, peeled leaving stalks intact
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa
- 1 x 200g pkt dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 200g butter, melted
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, extra
The instruction how to make Chocolate and pear muffins with chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush ten 150ml-capacity Texas muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease. Use a melon baller to scoop out the base and core from each pear.
- Place the water, vanilla and half the sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Add the pears and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pears are tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a plate to drain.
- Whisk the cocoa powder into the syrup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the combined flours, egg, extra cocoa powder and remaining sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture among prepared pans. Gently press the pears into the centres. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Carefully remove from the pans and divide among serving plates. Drizzle over the chocolate syrup to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate and pear muffins with chocolate syrupcalories: