This very decadent chocolate cake with chocolate cream and flake topping will satisfy even the most extreme chocoholics.
The ingredient of Chocolate cake
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 Cadbury Flake chocolate bars, crumbled
- 300ml thick cream
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake pan.
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Fold in flour, almond meal, baking powder, milk and melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- For chocolate cream, heat cream over low heat, add chocolate and stir until melted. Chill for about 15 minutes, until thickened but still a little soft.
- To serve, spread cream over cooled cake and sprinkle Flake bars over the top.
Nutritions of Chocolate cakecalories: 1102.746 calories
calories: 75 grams fat
calories: 41 grams saturated fat
calories: 90 grams carbohydrates
calories: 66 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 278 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 570.9 milligrams sodium