Get the kids involved with these fun and delicious chocolate biscuits which are decorated to look like little people.
The ingredient of Chocolate biscuit people
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 185g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Pink food colouring
- Blue food colouring
The instruction how to make Chocolate biscuit people
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using a food processor, process the flour, sugar and cocoa powder until combined. Add butter and, using pulse button, process in short bursts until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add almost all of the milk and process in short bursts until the dough is evenly moistened and comes together in small clumps (pinch a little in your fingers and add remaining milk if its dry). Turn dough onto a clean work surface and press into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap, set aside. Roll out the other half on a sheet of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thick. Use a 12cm cutter to cut people biscuits.
- Place biscuits onto the prepared trays. Gently re-roll pastry scraps and cut out more people. Repeat with remaining dough set aside in a plastic wrap. Chill for 20 mins. Bake for 15 mins. Cool biscuits on the tray for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the Icing: Whisk the egg white in a mixing bowl until frothy. Sift icing sugar over, and add the lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Place a little into a piping bag with a small nozzle, and pipe the faces. Tint half of the remaining icing pink, and half blue with a few drops of the food colouring.
- Fill the icing bag with pink icing, and pipe the pink clothes onto half the people. Wash out the bag, fill the blue icing and pipe blue clothing onto the remaining people. Leave biscuits to set.
Nutritions of Chocolate biscuit peoplecalories: