Hazelnut praline adds wow factor to this wicked chocolate brownie and ice-cream cake.
The ingredient of Wicked chocolate brownie and praline ice-cream cake
- 300g butter, chopped
- 2 x 200g blocks dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa, sifted
- 1.5 litres vanilla ice-cream
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Chocolate fudge dessert sauce, to serve
- 120g packet skinless hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Wicked chocolate brownie and praline ice-cream cake
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Grease two 6cm-deep, 20cm-round cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper. Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add sugar, egg, flours and cocoa. Mix well to combine. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Spread tops with a spatula to level. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top of brownies are firm to touch. Cool completely in pans.
- Make Hazelnut praline: Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Combine sugar and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture becomes golden in colour, brushing down side of pan with cold water if sugar crystals start to form. Working quickly, pour toffee over hazelnuts on tray. Set aside for 15 minutes or until set. Roughly chop half the praline. Break remaining praline into large shards.
- Place ice-cream in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Add chopped praline. Mix until just combined. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to scoop.
- Place 1 brownie round onto a serving plate. Top with scoops of ice-cream, then remaining brownie round. Dollop cake with whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and decorate with praline shards. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Wicked chocolate brownie and praline ice-cream cakecalories: 749.743 calories
calories: 45.7 grams fat
calories: 25.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 78.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 131 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 257 milligrams sodium