This creamy chocolate dessert from Curtis Stone also known as pot au chocolat, is simple to make and is one the family will love!
The ingredient of Pot au chocolate with cinnamon whipped cream
- 2 cups milk
- 500g dark cooking chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into small pieces, plus extra for shaving
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Pot au chocolate with cinnamon whipped cream
- Place the milk in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, being careful not to scorch. Add the chocolate and continue stirring with a rubber spatula until smooth and the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, beat the yolks in a large bowl. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the yolks, one ladle at a time, being careful not to scramble the egg yolks. Once half the melted chocolate is incorporated, pour the rest in, along with the vanilla and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug. Carefully pour into 8 ramekins or glasses and refrigerate, uncovered, for 30 mins. Remove and cover with plastic wrap and return to the fridge for 3-4 hrs, up to 1 day ahead. This prevents
- a skin from forming.
- About 20 mins before serving, remove the chocolate pots from the fridge to bring to room temperature. Whip the cream lightly to form soft peaks and fold in the cinnamon.
- To serve, spoon the cream mixture over the chocolate pots and tap glass on your hand to distribute the cream over the top. Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the remaining chocolate over the cream to make chocolate curls.
Nutritions of Pot au chocolate with cinnamon whipped creamcalories: 69.31 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams sodium