Made from winters best fruits - apple and pear - and with a luscious spiced chocolate sauce, this French-style tart is simple, yet impressive.
The ingredient of Apple and pear galette with spiced chocolate sauce
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup skinless hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 pink lady apples, peeled, halved, cored
- 2 packham pears, peeled, halved, cored
- 8 small scoops vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts, to serve
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Apple and pear galette with spiced chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Cut one pastry sheet in half lengthways. Set one half aside. Cut remaining pastry half in half lengthways to form 2 long strips. Place whole pastry sheet on a flat surface. Place reserved pastry half, slightly overlapping, along 1 side of pastry sheet. Press lightly to secure. Join 2 short ends of remaining pastry strips together, slightly overlapping. Press to secure. Place along 1 long side of pastry, slightly overlapping. Press to secure. Trim overhanging end of pastry. (You should now have a rectangle of pastry that measures approximately 30cm x 35cm).
- Press pastry sheet into an 18cm (base) flameproof frying pan to cover base and side, allowing any excess pastry to overhang. Refrigerate until required.
- Place almonds, hazelnuts and caster sugar in a food processor. Process until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in flour, egg, vanilla and u00be of the butter.
- Spread the nut mixture over base of pastry. Thinly slice apple and pear. Using the picture as a guide, arrange fruit on top. Fold any excess pastry back over the edges of pan to form a border. Brush fruit with remaining butter. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar. Bake for 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and pastry is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, make Spiced Chocolate Sauce. Place cream, brown sugar, mixed spice and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, whisking occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture just begins to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Serve galette with ice-cream and spiced chocolate sauce, sprinkled with hazelnuts.
Nutritions of Apple and pear galette with spiced chocolate saucecalories: 876.174 calories
calories: 56.9 grams fat
calories: 23.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14.2 grams protein
calories: 101 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 167 milligrams sodium