This luscious chocolate chilli tart is given a final touch of decadence with a drizzle of sweet and spicy chilli syrup.
The ingredient of Chocolate chilli tart
- 300g block Careme Dark Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry (see notes)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 150ml pure (thin) cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 100g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Seeds of 10 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon glucose syrup (see notes)
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, halved lengthways
The instruction how to make Chocolate chilli tart
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Roll out pastry until 5mm thick, then use to line pan, trimming excess. Chill for 30 minutes. Line with baking paper and fill with rice or pastry weights, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper.
- Meanwhile, combine creams and sugar in a pan over low heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, add chocolates and set aside. Grind cardamom seeds in a mortar and pestle until a powder, then add to chocolate mixture with chilli powder and stir until smooth. Cool slightly, then stir in egg. Pour into the tart case and bake for 20-25 minutes until set but with a slight wobble in the centre. Cool tart in the pan.
- For syrup, place ingredients in a pan over low heat. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup (60ml) water and cool.
- Drizzle the chilli syrup over the tart and serve with ice cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate chilli tartcalories: 547.071 calories
calories: 37.6 grams fat
calories: 17.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 9.8 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 169 milligrams sodium