Christmas pudding never looked so good! Drizzled with a chocolate fudge sauce, itll be hard to say no to a second slice.
The ingredient of Steamed chocolate fruit pudding with choc-fudge sauce
- 125g butter, chopped
- 375g packet dried mixed fruit
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups vanilla custard, to serve
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Steamed chocolate fruit pudding with choc-fudge sauce
- Place butter, mixed fruit, cranberries, raisins, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until butter is melted. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Cool.
- Grease an 8-cup-capacity metal pudding basin (with lid). Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flours and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in cooled fruit mixture, egg, vanilla, rum and chocolate. Spoon mixture into prepared basin. Smooth top. Secure lid.
- Place in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up side of basin. Cover. Place over medium heat. Boil for 5 hours, adding more water as necessary.
- Remove from heat. Carefully lift basin from water. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Turn pudding onto a serving plate.
- Make Choc-fudge Sauce. Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Serve pudding with sauce and custard.
Nutritions of Steamed chocolate fruit pudding with choc-fudge saucecalories: 610.645 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 14.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 87.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.9 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 380 milligrams sodium