DIp your spoon into these heady dark chocolate pots.
The ingredient of Spiced chocolate pots
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon custard powder or cornflour
- 300ml thin cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Double cream, to serve
- Chocolate shavings, to serve
- Wafers, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced chocolate pots
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place egg yolks in a medium saucepan. Add the custard powder and whisk until well combined. Add the cream, milk, chocolate, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to infuse. Remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick and whisk chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly among six 1/2-cup (125ml) ovenproof ramekins. Place ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Dollop with cream and sprinkle with chocolate. Serve immediately with wafers, if desired.
Nutritions of Spiced chocolate potscalories: 414.426 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 57.16 milligrams sodium