These individual chocolate and liqueur trifles are served in tall glasses to add a touch of elegance.
The ingredient of Chocolate trifle
- 1 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sherry, liqueur or brandy (optional)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 18cm sponge cake, cut into cubes
- 2 ripe pears, quartered, core removed and diced
- 60g dark chocolate, shaved
The instruction how to make Chocolate trifle
- Combine 1 cup water, cocoa powder, butter, and caster sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is smooth.
- Combine remaining water, cornflour, vanilla, and sherry. Stir into chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour cream into a medium bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate custard into the base of 6 tall glasses. Top with cream, sponge and pears. Repeat this process until the glasses are filled. Finish off with a dollop of cream. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate and serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate triflecalories: