This truly decadent poached pear and chocolate tart is a great way to finish your next autumn festive feast.
The ingredient of Red wine poached pear chocolate tart
- 2 cups (500ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 pears, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur (optional)
The instruction how to make Red wine poached pear chocolate tart
- Combine the wine, sugar, cinnamon, star anise and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Add the pears and enough water to cover the pears completely. Cover the surface with a piece of baking paper to help keep the pears submerged in the poaching liquid. Cook for 1 hour or until the pears are tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a deep-sided dish.
- Bring the poaching liquid to the boil in the saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until syrup reduces by half. Drizzle hot syrup over the pears. Cover and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to infuse.
- Meanwhile, to make the chocolate pastry, place the flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water and process until dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick rectangle. Line a 12cm x 35cm rectangular tart tin, with removable base, with the pastry. Use a small knife to trim the edges. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 8 mins or until dry to the touch. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C.
- To make the chocolate frangipane filling, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg. Beat to combine. Add hazelnut meal, flour and cocoa powder. Stir to combine. Stir in the Frangelico, if using. Spoon into the pastry case and smooth the surface.
- Remove pears from the poaching liquid and cut in half lengthways. Arrange the pear halves over the chocolate frangipane filling. Bake for 30 mins or until the filling is set. Set aside to cool completely.
Nutritions of Red wine poached pear chocolate tartcalories: 365.192 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 138 milligrams sodium