With its natural sweetness, beetroot keeps these muffins extra moist, plus it adds nutritional goodness too.
The ingredient of Chocolate-chunk beetroot muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 300g beetroot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate-chunk beetroot muffins
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 18 holes of 2 x 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine flour, cocoa and sugar in a bowl. Add beetroot. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk, oil, eggs and vanilla together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in 1/2 the chocolate.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared holes. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until just firm to touch. Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate-chunk beetroot muffinscalories: 198.37 calories
calories: 8.5 grams fat
calories: 2.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 26.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.6 grams protein
calories: 25 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 132 milligrams sodium