A stylish chocolate cake made with honey and hazelnut meal, finished with a glossy chocolate ganache.
The ingredient of Bittersweet chocolate cake with olive oil ganache
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
The instruction how to make Bittersweet chocolate cake with olive oil ganache
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with 2 layers of baking paper.
- Place chocolate and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat hazelnut meal, flour, cocoa powder, oil, egg yolks, vanilla and milk until well combined. Add cooled chocolate mixture. Beat to combine.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until just-firm peaks form. Fold u00bd the egg white into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in remaining egg white (mixture will be quite thick).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Olive Oil Ganache
- . Place chocolate, oil and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes or until cool.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Top with ganache, spreading to cover top of cake. Stand for 30 minutes to allow ganache to set slightly. Serve.
Nutritions of Bittersweet chocolate cake with olive oil ganachecalories: 412.514 calories
calories: 25.4 grams fat
calories: 8.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 36.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.2 grams protein
calories: 44 milligrams sodium